Silver aluminum sport with black band?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Mjmar, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

Just ordered the silver sport with a white band, and a separate black sports band. Has anybody done the silver aluminum and black sports band combo? Do you like it? I found a picture of it online and it actually looks nicer to me than the space gray with black band.

Attached Files:

2. NAYo2002 macrumors 6502

I prob would've ordered it if that combo was an option.

3. Unconsoled macrumors regular

I ordered a black band also for my white sport. I like the black and silver contrast better than the space grey.

4. cruzmisl macrumors regular

I'm hoping for some kind of dark gray at some point. Maybe an aftermarket one will pop up soon.

5. Udder macrumors newbie

Anyone have a Black Sport Band on Silver Sport Watch yet?

If you were able to get a Silver Apple Watch Sport and managed to purchase an additional Black Sports Band, please post a photo. The MixYourWatch site works OK but I want to see the real thing.

6. DJLAXL macrumors 6502

DJLAXL

Browse through the Show off your Apple Watch thread. I think I've seen a pic or two of it? Dying to get some extra color straps for my SG. Hoping the red and orange are released eventually :)

7. betabeta macrumors 6502a

Silver aluminum sport with black band?

Anyone have that combo now? Or any pictures of that in try on.

I got the silver sport and was going to get the space grey, but I think I'm digging the silver now and it works so well I don't want to press my luck and get bad taptic or have to deal with the space grey scratching off.

8. flavr macrumors 6502

flavr

9. betabeta macrumors 6502a

I don't have one of the space grey, but I have seen scratches people have posted pics of, and of course space grey iPhones can look pretty bad.

So I'm kinda happy with my silver so far, I thought I had to have the space grey before, now I'm thinking of keeping this and adding a black band.

10. cruzmisl macrumors regular

11. betabeta macrumors 6502a

12. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

13. flavr macrumors 6502

flavr

Ah so you are trying to justify to yourself a reason to keep the silver over the grey, gotcha

14. Cuyler macrumors 6502

I think the silver looks better with black than it does with the color bands.

BTW, MixYourWatch.com let's you play around with the various watch and band combos.

15. FoxD macrumors 6502

The black bands look better with the silver aluminum for sure. The silver watch also looks better quality than the Space Grey one. Good call!

16. frumpy16 macrumors 6502a

frumpy16

Oo this combo looks gorgeous. Have a white band now with a black on order. I'm liking the white a lot but that black silver combo is SHARP! Can't wait!!

17. betabeta macrumors 6502a

Yeah, totally happened by accident, couldn't get the space grey on launch so went for the silver with white band.

Now I'm liking the white which I thought I would hate, and the silver goes so great with everything, now I'm buying a black band.

I think I was conditioned to want space grey due to having a space grey iPhone.

18. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

My wife asked me to buy her a black band for her 38mm pink sport. She thought the back band would look better for dressier occasions than the pink.

19. Unconsoled macrumors regular

My black band just shipped. Can show you Friday!

20. dandrewk macrumors 6502

Me too. When I did the mixyourwatch combo, I liked the silver aluminum/black band the best, and was disappointed when it wasn't an option. So I ordered the black band separate.

I must admit, the white band I have now has grown on me, so much so that I may swap the two bands as mood dictates. I'll be getting the black band this Friday.

Oh, and I also ordered the black Leather Loop band. Yes, I'm a band junkie. But I need a good combo for dressing up.