silver/gold 256 and SG 256/512 in stock at bestbuy.com

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Freakyshiat, Apr 15, 2015.

1. TillysWily macrumors regular

I just have a feeling that they will not ship like they say they will.

2. Freakyshiat thread starter macrumors regular

I placed an order at 1040am for SG 512, just got my tracking number

3. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

Me too, hence the -est after the date.

4. TillysWily macrumors regular

I ordered the 1.2/512 SG we will see what happens if anything I will just cancel or return it I guess :rolleyes: If it doesn't ship by in the morning I will cancel

Just got the conf. email and it says I will have it by Friday with signature required. $1556.36 shipped after 10% movers coupon.

5. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I got yer display model!!

Was able to grab a 1.1 in Gold just now after an associate at another location told me they had ONE in stock in another location.

After a quick (illegal) traffic maneuver, I was at the other location with debit card and USPS mover's coupon in hand.

A little conference ensued with store managers gaggled together, individually casting glances in my direction.

Associate who rang me up quietly disclosed that this was special ordered by the store to be their display model, but someone screwed up and entered it into regular inventory. He then complimented me on embarrassing store management. Nice.

6. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

Really? I so wonder if the one of one I picked up (gold as well) was to be a display unit.

I also wonder if it was pre-selected/cherry picked from Apple (not gold SKU, but the build itself) as a good one to showcase that's been more scrutinized for QC issues.

7. GardnerMS macrumors newbie

Thanx for the tip...

I ordered mine @ bestbuy.com and paid for expedited shipping.. Will hopefully have it Friday.. having it shipped to office since signature required...

512GB 1.2Ghz Space Gray.

mG

8. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I don't know.

It WAS brought out on a unicorn, though....

9. udflyer macrumors regular

Thanks.

Got base model space grey. Better anyway as I get 45 day return window (versus 14)

Supposed to come Friday.

If I get it Friday I will cancel my 5 week out Apple Order.

WTH is up with Apple with the release of this. Seems like they really screwed the pooch.

10. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

So Best Buy is getting units for sale before the Apple Store?

Gentlemen, be afraid; hell hath frozen over.

11. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

Welcome to the era of Angela

12. newellj macrumors 601

Incomprehensible, actually. If I wrote a novel and described this, the editor would say "nah, no one would ever believe that, fix it." :apple:

13. Phightinphils macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

Ordered my 1.1 SG yesterday afternoon and it updated to "Shipped" this AM. Hopefully will have it by Saturday.

14. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

So tempted to buy one. Does anyone know if the Best Buy USPS movers coupon can be used on an online purchase, or is it in stores only?

15. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

In Store Only.

16. OrdinaryAvgGuy macrumors member

You certainly can use it online. I've done it 3 times in 3 months.

17. doboy macrumors 68000

You can use it online if you get the right one. My USPS carries coupons with activation code that you enter online to get the code to use in store or online.

18. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

Hmm, now I'm wondering if I could apply the coupon in store after making the purchase only.

19. doboy macrumors 68000

This is YMMV. I've done return and repurchase using the 10% coupon before. Never hurts to try, maybe even few different stores.

20. sno1man macrumors regular

got mine in AZ today

walked in on a hunch and walked out with the sliver 1.1 base model $1299

They didn't know they had it, weren't sure they could sell it once they found it. Got the manager involved who couldn't find a reason not to sell and told them (with some griping on their part) to sell it to me.

Very impressed with the overall look/feel/build.

Feels in some ways the the old powerbook g4 12 inch which till now was my favorite mac ever

21. vanimal macrumors 6502a

I've used and tested in the checkout the movers coupon from the packet USPS gives you. In fact my local lady who knows me asked me how many did I need lmao. I'm a honest man so I grabbed one for my 2015 MBPR. But I put it online to see if it would work and gave the 10% discount :)

22. magbarn macrumors 68000

Several of the stores I've called locally have realized this and won't sell their single rMB model as it's designated as a floor display only.

23. mookgiants macrumors member

Not true. Some of them can be used online. The most recent ones I got I had to put in a code online to actually get the coupon via email and that email came with an online code. YMMW though, some others I have gotten in the past have been in store only

24. mattaz02 macrumors member

Which Best Buy did you go to? I went to 5 different stores and they all said they had none. Stores I went to:
    Thunderbird
    Arrowhead
    Happy Valley
    PV Mall
    Chandler Mall