Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
Does anyone here know where I can buy a pre paid sim card for South Korea? Will the airport sell one in the arrivals terminal? I'm planning on buying an unlocked 4S.

Any Help is much appreciated.

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2010
Does anyone here know where I can buy a pre paid sim card for South Korea? Will the airport sell one in the arrivals terminal? I'm planning on buying an unlocked 4S.

no straight gsm sim support in korea like in hong kong(where you can buy local sim chip in 711 .. and use it)

myc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
just to make sure I understand

no straight gsm sim support in korea like in hong kong(where you can buy local sim chip in 711 .. and use it)

Thanks for the reply,

So to make sure I understand your response. I could simply buy a sim from a 711 in South Korea, and cut away to make it fit in my unlocked iPhone 4S and it will work? Or are you saying that there is no sim support in Korea like in Hong Kong and I can't use a sim card in my unlocked phone.

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2010
Thanks for the reply,

So to make sure I understand your response. I could simply buy a sim from a 711 in South Korea, and cut away to make it fit in my unlocked iPhone 4S and it will work? Or are you saying that there is no sim support in Korea like in Hong Kong and I can't use a sim card in my unlocked phone.

No for korea unfortunately

IO01

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011

I found this post that may help. Also, check this site. I'm not affiliated with that site. I have an unlocked 4S, and I plan on using it when I go to Korea next summer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.