SIM cards?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hercurliness, Aug 30, 2012.

1. hercurliness macrumors member

So....yet another iPhone question. For some reason I had the idea that pre-paid phone services wouldn't accept iPhone 5 directly after it's release. I am probably mistaken in this assumption. Now I realize that although they may not offer it directly through THEIR company, it can be purchased from Apple and then activated with their SIM card. But I'll ask the question anyway.

Most contract-free phone services are SIM cards, so why shouldn't it work? Could I could just purchase an unlocked iPhone 5 directly from Apple and then get it activated with a SIM card from company of my choice (Red Pocket, H2O Wireless, or Simple Mobile...still deciding!).

Any input? Thank you!

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Yes it should work as long u get a factory uncloked iphone, and as long your carrier have the nano sim or trim down the current micro sim.

3. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

This. Keep in mind on previous iterations, the factory unlocked version was not released on launch day. However, I think AT&T will unlock theirs.

4. MattInOz macrumors 68030

MattInOz

It was in other countries.

5. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

When the 4s first came out I just went to an apple store and got me a off contract att iphone which was factory unlocked!

6. ARSC macrumors 6502

If you buy from the apple store off contract they are factory unlocked