Similar app to 5 column sb to put more icons on the screen on an ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by bella92108, Oct 10, 2010.

1. bella92108 macrumors 68000

I love 5 column springboard on my iphone, but I want to make the icons tighter together on my ipad (JB'd 3.2.2), and wondering if there's any way to do it to increase the number of apps on the screen. having the factory default with so much space between icons makes the resolution look even more primitive so it'd be nice to get more icons to fit on the screen.

ideas?

2. steezy1337 macrumors 6502

I would like this swell but i have a feeling that because the iPad has different apps per row depending on whether it's horizontal or vertical I don't know if theres anything on cydia that could work with it

3. bella92108 thread starter macrumors 68000

yeah that's why I didn't want to try installing five column springboard or infiniboard and risk screwing something up. I figured I'd leave it to the experts here for advice and hopefully someone has a way. When 4.2 comes out and we have folders (native), something to carry me over would be nice.

4. deenybird macrumors regular

Check out Iconoclasm from cydia. Not free unfortunately.

5. bella92108 thread starter macrumors 68000

Nice, got iconoclasm and it was EXACTLY what I wanted. Well worth the couple bucks... this was my #1 complaint about the iPad... why have a huge screen and have to scroll through 10 screens to find apps? This made it so I can fit ALL my apps on one screen now. In my mind the iPad just got 100x more useful!

6. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

I set my iconoclasm up for 5x5, no more apps moving around when I switch orientations :D