Similarities between the "V's" and Obama

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by fivepoint, Nov 4, 2009.

1. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Watching the premier of "V" last night was a slightly surreal experience. The V's were promising the spread of "hope" (Obama campaign promises) and getting people to join on to help spread the word (Obama's citizen force "as strong and well funded as our military"). The head V even asked the media to only show them in a positive light (White House attack on Fox News and general cake-walk coverage during the campaign by remaining media). The V's had many people in the show thinking they were the savior of mankind. Heck, they even offered to give the people of earth "Universal Healthcare"!

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'm not sure how you can possibly be looking for parallels with our current situation with some cheesy ABC sci-fi series. Come on man, we have way more important parallels to draw.

Take Modern Family. Can you believe this crap? Al Bundy is married to a foreigner and a homosexual couple has a baby. Surely this is a ploy from the DNC to push their liberal leaning agenda down the throats of real Americans.

Priorities, duded, priorities.

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Al is for Obama too. Definitely a ploy by the DNC ;)

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

LOL!

You know how predictable you anti-Obama people are? Last night watching V, I found myself wondering how long it would take for some joker to try to cobble up some sort of analogy to the Obama administration.

Thanks for making me feel prescient! I got my morning laugh and my egoboo at the same time.

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Mock not. This is some seriously persuasive political strategery at work. More please.

6. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Will the next episode involve a bunch of old white people turning up with misspelt signs?

7. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

^ BV: :D

Did you scare yourself?

8. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

IMAGINE THAT, a MODERATOR ATTACKING a POSTER!

Do all threads have to be "enlightening"? It was simply an observation... and instead of replying like basic human being would, by saying "I see the connection" or "I don't see the connection." or "I think the writers purposefully did this."... you guys all responded with hatred and sarcasm. It's amazing at the bias you people have that you aren't even willing to have a simple conversation about something such as this.

I thought the parallels were humorous and interesting. I'm sorry you disagree. I'm sure you people have never compared Bush to the V for Vendetta guy or anything like that. ;) I've NEVER seen those threads here.

Your comment proves my point that there were connections. If you, a mega liberal Obama supporter could be sitting there and drawing parallels, knowing that someone would do the same... clearly there ARE parallels to be drawn. Obviously all of the blatant ignorant attacks above have just been proven to be so.

THANK YOU!

9. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

You should really read the F&Q/ learn some latin.

10. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

OH MY GOD IT'S A CONSPIRACY, HOLY ****!

e isn't a moderator. Fail. :rolleyes:

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Reading comprehension FAIL. I don't recall ever seeing a trifecta from one poster in a single thread. Good luck.

Attached Files:

13. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Breitbart? HAHAHA. Seriously, he is your source? I would trust Michael Vick to take care of my dog while I'm on vacation before I would trust Breitbart's opinion on anything.

14. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Watching the replies to this thread is absolutely hilarious. You people are just like the George Bush apologists... not willing to give an inch with your candidate. You wouldn't DARE say even one word that would ever be seen as negative towards your man.

Hahaha, I mean, all I did was post a humorous observation about a sci-fi TV show and similarities anyone could draw between the two... and you guys are losing your minds... attacking, belittling, etc. Ad hominems all over the place. Can't deal with the content of the post, just have to belittle the messenger.

It's truly eye-opening to see you guys fall over yourselves on such a funny little thing. Thanks for the morning laugh, I think I'm going to have a good day. :D

15. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

You know what I find funny. You are getting bent at the exact same thing you would do if someone else had done this to the republicans. Just an observation..

16. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Pretty sure the lot of us are just having some fun with it too.

17. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

I'd give you a shovel to help you dig yourself deeper, but It seems you've got it covered. :)

Does the Huffington Post fit your style better? :)
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/03/ivi-relaunch-intended-as_n_344288.html

How about Politico?
    http://www.politico.com/click/stories/0911/new_show_takes_a_swipe_at_obama.html

Maybe the Chicago Tribune?
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-tc-tvcolumn-v-1102-1103nov03,0,7062976.story

Naw... It's probably just lunatic fivepoint imagining things again! ;) Your bias and attack-driven behaviors have just had a light shined down upon them. Congrats gentlemen!

18. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Pot let me introduce you to kettle...

19. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

[​IMG]

I for one welcome our new Obama overlords from outer space.

I thought "V" was awesome last night. :D

20. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

What content? You said, what, that the Obama administration is evil/wicked/mean/nasty because it ever so closely matches a thin extract of an overview of a plotline from a TV SciFi series? No, I see it now, you're right. That kind of deep analysis deserves some equally deep contemplation... somewhere quiet, apart from all this hustle and bustle... where would that be? Oh, I know:

[​IMG]

21. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

It's already been pointed out, but I'm not a mod. Sorry to disappoint, just a regular punk "attacking" you.

22. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Hey, it happens. Sometimes you need a man-eating world-destroying alien visitor to save you from the savior of America ;)

23. Shivetya macrumors 65816

Uh, the forum rules are :

Though shall not speak of Obama in negative tones.
    Though shall not speak of homosexuals in negative tones.
    Though shall not speak of Fox news in favorable tones.
    Though shall not speak of Religion (well Christians) in favorable tones.

I think there are more, but I can think that stupid for the moment.

As to the OP's thread, I read these same issues about a week ago when some had access to early screenings. It is a typical to try to attach criticism of one thing to another so I don't worry about it. If anything ABC likes the comparison as it will get more to watch

24. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

You know if you don't like the "rules" you are free to LEAVE. Quit whining, you have no right to enforce your beliefs on a majority through scathing posts.

25. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

No, those are not forum rules. You are lying, in hyperbole, but lying just the same. Is lying to make your point justified? Do the ends justify the means?

Oh, and you were trying to use the word "Thou", not "Though". It just doesn't sound authoritative enough unless you use KJV language, right?

Back to the topic: Obama is a space alien. Pass the tin foil.