Simple explanation to photos app and where your photos are

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by hasanahmad, Sep 17, 2014.

1. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

The camera roll is now called RECENTLY ADDED in albums tab. Your Photostream photos are in the Photos tab which is the first tab tagged by date

2. jigzaw macrumors 6502

I've got about 600 photos on my phone but "Recently Added" only has about 70, so that is clearly not the new "camera roll". Photo Stream doesn't seem to exist anymore, but all the iphone photos can still be accessed on the "Collections- Years-Locations" section of the Photos app, so I guess that is now the new Camera Roll. Not sure how eliminating Photo Stream will affect pictures on my ipad. Will pictures I take on my iphone no longer port automatically to iPad like they used to with Photo Stream?

Unless there's some "Apple moves in mysterious ways" grander plan at work here, it just seems like they've made photos more confusing.

3. hasanahmad thread starter macrumors 65816

IT probably has 70 as its still downloading from your iCloud backup as we speak

4. Zetaprime macrumors 65816

I just updated my iPad. Be hard pressed to see what exactly is different in this new OS. I just looked at the photos area..no change there that I could see except maybe that recently added folder, which had it not been brought to my attention I would have figured it was always there. Just installing it on my phone now as I type this on my iPad. Much more excited about the new phones than the iOS since I can't say I notice any difference yet.

5. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

The main issue is that Apple decided to not roll out the iCloud Photo Storage which is where all our photos could be kept and stored.

6. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

When you read apple.com about the update, you somehow missed notification widgets, share extensions, quick reply to sms, custom keyboards?

7. Zetaprime macrumors 65816

I didn't go to the apple website to read through all that stuff.

8. chances14 macrumors member

chances14

this is false. i have photos dated 2008-2013 in my collections that do not show up in recently added. it looks like the recently added only keeps photos you've taken in the last 30 days

9. JCRiley09 macrumors newbie

If I've been using photo stream for a screensaver on my appletv and imac, is there a new version of this? There are photos that I take that I'd prefer not to be on the screensaver, but would like kept on my device. Can I set up a cloud "screensaver" album that still auto-uploads, but allows me to remove pictures if I don't want them scrolling on my appletv?

10. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Agree. OP is incorrect.

11. ProEdgeBiker macrumors newbie

ProEdgeBiker