Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sprouticus

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2004
As simple as this may be to some of you guys, it isn't for me. In a nutshell, how do I make things move?

More specifically, how do I make an object move from point-a to point-b, and also, how do i make a movie smaller in size (I want to do a split-screen shot for a project in my film class).

And yes, I did look in the help PDF but I'm still confused as to how it works... any help would be awesome.

Thanks!

hotwire132002

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2004
Cadillac, MI
sprouticus said:
As simple as this may be to some of you guys, it isn't for me. In a nutshell, how do I make things move?

More specifically, how do I make an object move from point-a to point-b, and also, how do i make a movie smaller in size (I want to do a split-screen shot for a project in my film class).

And yes, I did look in the help PDF but I'm still confused as to how it works... any help would be awesome.

Thanks!

I'm still running FCP 3, but it should be similar in 4. First, you want to switch the view mode from "video" to "video and wireframe" (or something to that, I'm at a PeeCee right now and can't check it). Then, you can change the size of the video (shrink, grow, etc), and movie it around. Then use keyframes (the diamond-shaped button) to set point a and point b.

Oh, and for a split-screen, the crop tool is a great way to go. It can be keyframed as well.

Hope this helps.

MacityMike

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2004
FCP motion cont.

Just to add one more thing, once you've double clicked the clip that you want to work on it appears in the viewer window, if you click on the motion tab there you will find all of your options for motion. SCALE = zooms in and out, CENTER= if you want to move the clip around . . . etc. With that in mind you can set your keyframes from point A to B. Once you've set the first keyframe, any future keyframes are automatically added as soon as you make more changes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.