Simple Question. Which iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dalek Step, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Dalek Step macrumors newbie

Dalek Step

I'm not sure which one to buy. Any suggestions? I would like a new(ish) model for a reasonable price. If you have bought one, can to tell me which one would be good for me, im looking for a 16 gig to use for music, games and as a proper phone. And which carrier?

2. matttye macrumors 601

Go on the Apple website and look at the different versions, compare the features and price and see which one you like best. All of the iPhones can be used for music, games and as a phone.

As for carrier, that depends on where you live. Most carriers have a coverage map on their website.

3. DroidRules macrumors 65816

You say simple question but how are ANY of us supposed to know what YOU like, which carrier is better in your area, how much you need to put on the phone ect ect.

Man up and decide which phone, plan, size is best for YOU.

4. nicksmolenski macrumors regular

nicksmolenski

personally, i wouldn't go back farther than the iphone 4. the retina display [among other things] is too nice to give up :)

if you think you can get away with having only 8gb on your phone, you can get the 4 for only $100. if not i would go 4s because if you search for a 16gb iPhone 4 on ebay, the prices soar into the $500 range.

but it's up to you.

5. Dalek Step thread starter macrumors newbie

Dalek Step

The iPhone 4 8g in Australia is already $670 with no extras :( and the 4s 16g is $800 :mad: a bit of money to work up.

6. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

I don't see anyone here recommending a nearly 3 year old smartphone, so if you can't afford (at least) an iPhone 4, perhaps they're not the phone for you.

7. iTunes-Luv macrumors member

iTunes-Luv

My thought is like this "Always buy the latest one that you can comfortably afford". Not only iPhone but also TV, laptop. Then try to keep it as long as possible and save on the upgrade/new one

8. matttye macrumors 601

If you just want to listen to music, play games and use it as a phone, you could get a decent android phone for half the price of an iPhone.

9. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Quit bitching. I had to pay $1050 for a 16GB 4S in New Zealand.