Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Uplift

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
UK
I'm looking for a simple to-do app that can hopefully sit in the task bar, something i can just click and it will drop down my list of tasks i need to do.

It would also be helpful if you could enter a deadline date and be notified when that date is near.

Work is coming in thick and fast and i'm struggling to keep up to date with everything.

any suggestions?

jwm2

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2012
I'm looking for a simple to-do app that can hopefully sit in the task bar, something i can just click and it will drop down my list of tasks i need to do.

It would also be helpful if you could enter a deadline date and be notified when that date is near.

Work is coming in thick and fast and i'm struggling to keep up to date with everything.

any suggestions?

I've tried a couple over the last week and none seemed to offer much of anything over just using the built in sticky notes. Most of them are still pretty buggy or the interface is horrible. If you do find something that works and looks good, let me know.

Uplift

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
UK
I've tried a couple over the last week and none seemed to offer much of anything over just using the built in sticky notes. Most of them are still pretty buggy or the interface is horrible. If you do find something that works and looks good, let me know.

I will do :)

How just using the built in task management in iCal. Then use a tool like CalendarBar or Fantastical to show the iCal tasks in the menu bar.

I use the widget DoBeDo to quickly look at pending tasks.

Fantastical looks great but no support for reminders :( i can imagine they'll be adding that soon since a lot of people are requesting that feature in comments.

Calendar Bar looks good too, but doesn't let you add events/reminders?

So anything a mix of those apps would be perfect.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Fantastical looks great but no support for reminders :( i can imagine they'll be adding that soon since a lot of people are requesting that feature in comments.

Calendar Bar looks good too, but doesn't let you add events/reminders?

So anything a mix of those apps would be perfect.

Whoops... I missed that. Sorry.

I use Quickcal to add both tasks and events. It uses natural language and works really well. You can bind it to a hotkey and when it pops up just type "lunch with bob tuesday" and you will get a noon calendar entry for the following Tuesday. Very fast way to make entries.

Uplift

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
UK
Thanks for the suggestions, i think Fantastical is my best bet.. i just hope they don't take forever to give us reminders.

Mili-Mac

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2011
Aust ;)
iProcrastinate!!!1

try iprocrstinate!

Download from itunes I think its free (or just about maybe a few bucks)

It sets dates, deadlines and is really easy to use... I use it for uni accross a number of subjects and different assignments and it works wonderfull... luv it! no bugs that i have seen either in app so she's pretty tops!:D:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.