Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hawk1226

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
As the thread title states i can't seem to have all my library being shared. It doesn't seem not to be working, it just chooses only some of my artists and shares them. Anyone know whats going on? I have it set to share a folder, my itunes music folder. thanks

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
FWIW, I have the same problem. Is your library large? Mine is almost 14,000 tracks, most in Apple Lossless.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
Are you talking about not showing on the iphone? If so, might be too obvious but have the missing files DRM, ie bought from iTunes or similar? If so, they won't show.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
No. And actually, it says at their site that DRM files for which the host computer has authorization can be played with SM. Not sure if there is an exception for the iPhone.

Anyway, no, it isn't an issue of DRM. I probably only have 200 DRM tracks and it is missing a large portion of my library. Seems that the Podcasts loaded but the CD rips start, for the most part, with the letter M and up to Z.

BaldyUK

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2008
I'm having this problem as well.

On my PC it says I'm sharing my 9,120 tunes (none are DRM) and I'm sharing my entire Music folder. On my iPhone only a small percentage are showing up.

I've tried changing the options so I share my iTunes library and all the songs are showing up as shared in iTunes (eventually, takes a long time) but, again, only a small percentage showing on my iPhone.

I've tried restarting both PC and iPhone and reinstalling Simplify on the iPhone but no joy.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
it takes a while for simplify media to go through all your songs on your computer

Once all of the tracks on your computer have been indexed, set the iPhone/iPod client to reset its database and leave it alone, in the foreground, for a while. Once its built the database completely, all of your non-DRMd music should be there.

I had this issue too, but once I gave it enough time to index everything on the iPod it was fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.