Since AZ is apparently crime free, sheriff investigates Obama birth certificate

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Sep 19, 2011.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I thought the issue was finally resolved, guess not. But since it seems that since Arizona no longer has any real crime, and after the morning Dunkin Donuts run, the Maricopa County sheriff's office truly has nothing better to do with their time, Sheriff Joe will now be setting up a "posse" to investigate Obama's birth certificate.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsme...oe_arpaio_assigns_cold_case_posse_to_inve.php

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

These people are insane. This is just beyond loony at this point.

3. barkomatic macrumors 68040

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Maybe when Sheriff Joe is done with this, he can help our member PinkFloyd prove that 9/11 was perpetrated by the US government.:rolleyes:

5. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I guess someone doesn't know what jurisdiction means.

I'm glad the citizens of Maricopa County are trusting this person to enforce the law.

6. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

He's an elected official, and he obviously know which side his bread is buttered on. There must be a lot of birthers in Marcopa County.

7. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I can. If he has tons of tea partiers in his county he he planding to them. I honestly hope that this is nothing more than him talking about it and then putting 5 names "to look into it" and then just be a file that gets zero attention.

Now if any real tax payer money is wasted then there will be issues. I really hope it is him saying BS to make his voters happy but do nothing on it.

8. Hugh macrumors 6502a

Hugh

:rolleyes: Do they ever stop? I mean come on now, I thought this was settled months ago. :/

Hugh

9. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Many of those who no longer believe (or never did believe) the birther garbage are nevertheless willing to try and harness it for their own personal or political gain. It's a kind of political tool rather than a serious accusation.

Still, I have no doubt that there are hundreds of thousands, perhaps even millions of people who are ignorant enough to truly believe this lie.

10. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

How else is he going to spend his time, given that the feds told him a massively large group of actual criminals is apparently off-limits?

11. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Was forming a 'posse' to investigate the validity Obama's birth certificate the first thing that leapt to your mind?

12. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

these posses are just a trick to hide what the illuminati are really up to, everyone knows that....do you really need more proof that Sheriff Joe Arpaio is one of their puppets?

:rolleyes:

13. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

I was going to go with apprehending murderers rapists and thieves...but this is good to.

14. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

What legal standing does this guy use for his actions and why isn't the state investigating HIM for misuse of public funds. Etc.

15. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

16. Love macrumors 68000

Love

Barack Obama was created by the Illuminati. Accept it and move on. :rolleyes:

/s

17. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

That's an interesting question. I can't speak towards the him and Arizona and such, but I'm always amused at the Alabama Supreme Court elections, where candidates run on constitutional platforms, such as "protecting the second amendment," when the reality is, as you touch on, not even close to being within their purview as a state court judge. But it gets them elected.

18. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

And that's why Arpaio is Sheriff. Bread and circuses, Maricopa County-style. I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to suggest that Arpaio is a local political darling more than anything else.

19. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, I understand BJ and the Bear are still on the loose....

[​IMG]

Above: The Sheriff and two of his birth certificate posse

20. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Actually, this was settled about 50 years ago when the President was born in Hawaii and the Hospital filed the appropriate paperwork reflecting the birth. If that wasn't good enough, the local newspaper published a birth announcement.

Anyone who thought it was ever in doubt has to seriously reevaluate their willingness to believe what right-wing talking heads spew on a daily basis.

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

What a clown this guy is. Crime is down all across Arizona except for his county.

22. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Guys, this is a serious issue.

I hear Obama is holed up in a box canyon with a bunch of rustlers and half of Old Man Tatum's cattle! We ride at dawn.

23. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Exactly.

The feds did not such thing, rather the current case is on the enforceability of aspects of SB1070. However, the MCSD is perfectly able to enforce the law as to agreements from before 2010.

Arpaio is part of the county's political machine and thus enjoys more support than he deserves. In actuality, the sheriff's department is rife with problems, including ethnic profiling and mismanagement (the department under two separate investigations). So, for Arpaio this is a great shiny object to deflect attention from the fact that Arpaio is actually a terrible lawman.

24. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Oh, I never suspected otherwise. He appears to be a classic example of a corrupt local politician. I recall some years ago that the little village of New Rome, OH was dissolved by the state after the village police department became infamous for viciously over-enforcing the speed limit on their tiny stretch of road in order to make money.

Arpaio is a crook, plain and simple.

25. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

And, yet, it's fascinating to see how much support he gets from conservatives because he makes the right noises on a few hot button issues.