Since installing High Sierra I now see MacKeeper?

Eagle36

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2016
Is this "MacKeeper" in my toolbar legit or is Malware Ive downloaded somehow?
To me Mackeeper seems to be more troublesome than a value. At any rate I would recommend un-installing it. It had nothing to do with installing High Sierra, you must have inadvertently click on a link to install it. MacKeeper install appears in many websites, easy to accidentally install it.

Search for a website you trust for the uninstall instructions.

MiniD3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2013
Australia
To me Mackeeper seems to be more troublesome than a value. At any rate I would recommend un-installing it. It had nothing to do with installing High Sierra, you must have inadvertently click on a link to install it. MacKeeper install appears in many websites, easy to accidentally install it.

Search for a website you trust for the uninstall instructions.
Thank You

MiniD3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2013
Australia
Thank you
will do,
I realised when the MacKeeper arrived, is when I downloaded a which what i thought was a legit DivX update,
thats what happened
[doublepost=1508544946][/doublepost]
Run MWB for Mac, it'll do the legwork for you: https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac-download/

Very Much appreciated, worked a treat
Mac Rumors has always solved any problem I have, just an amazing website to be part of

robeddie

Suspended
Jul 21, 2003
Atlanta
Side point, I can't believe how many people actually install Mackeeper intentionally. You can just tell by the way they spam their software on you that it's bad news. I get computers from friends to fix all the time and I see that Mackeeper crud on systems way too often.

MiniD3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2013
Australia
Tks for the heads-up
Starting to think it came with DivX, although, looking back, Ive been away for 6 months and only family has had access to the is computer........maybe they downloaded it then? I certainly haven't knowing downloaded MacKeeper
This software has never appeared on my MBP which I use while away