Since iOS 9.3.2, connecting to car's bluetooth forces all sounds to stream to car's speaker

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by striders, Jul 14, 2016.

1. striders macrumors 6502

With old version (iOS 9.3.1 and before), I can connect to my car's bluetooth and ONLY Apple Music audio will be streamed to the car speaker. Voice navigation is send through my phone's speaker. As a matter of fact, Waze have an option to send voice navigation to bluetooth or phone's speaker.

But after installing 9.3.2, ALL sound is now streamed to the car's bluetooth speaker. Voice navigation, text messages, music, etc.

Anyway to change this back?

2. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

I don't use it, but there might be a toggle in the control center when it's connected that allows you to choose. Like BT headphones / speakers

3. striders thread starter macrumors 6502

Control Center only show which device to connect (my BT headset, AirPlay, etc.), but I can't choose which specific audio (music only, everything, etc.) I want to stream.

Same in Settings --> Bluetooth and tapping on the (i) icon.

Now that I think about it, I didn't have to do any of this with previous iOS version. As soon as my iPhone is connected to my car BT and I start the music from Apple Music, the music is streamed to my car's speaker, BUT not all other sound.

I tested this with 2 cars: Audi 2013 and Mercedes 2016. Work as I wanted before and now no more.

4. Volusia macrumors regular

Volusia

When I connect to my van's BT my music, phone calls, and sounds from my Grandson playing games on my phone all go through the system to the van's speakers. Always has....

5. striders thread starter macrumors 6502

If you look at Waze and Google Maps, it has the option to route voice nav to iPhone speaker instead of BT. Previous iOS used to respect that option, but now not anymore.

Pretty much the same with all apps that have that option.

6. wymi, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016

wymi macrumors regular

Hopefully they have finally allowed text tones to be heard once BT is connected.

7/15/16
    I tired a 5C w 9.3.2, connected it to my cars BT and text messages still do not have audio. So not sure what the op is talking about.

7. striders thread starter macrumors 6502

Looks like 9.3.2 changed something in iOS BT implementation, since text tones are sent to my Mercedes and Audi BT speakers. Previously it was not, which what I wanted.