since my macs are all being phased. what are my options?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by gdeusthewhizkid, Jun 14, 2016.

1. gdeusthewhizkid macrumors 6502a

hey guys,

all my current macs will be phased with this new mac os release.. Should I just sell all my macs off and try to put the money towards a new mac pro... Right now being in the IT field I need to keep up with the latest software but on the creative side my current mac pro box is working great for me. But I would like to test out some of those new options.

thoughts?

2. greenmeanie macrumors 6502a

greenmeanie

What IT field do you work in that uses Mac Pros?

3. koyoot Suspended

koyoot

Sierra is going out in the fall. There is plenty of time to get ready for transition to new hardware, and there is huge chance that Apple will update their hardware line in the fall with new OS.

4. gdeusthewhizkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

desktop support in lower manhattan. they have some macs here. and I also am a freelance photographer and editor on my downtime...

5. JimGoshorn macrumors 6502

JimGoshorn

What concerns me is that even if they do come up with a nnMP, won't it still be an un-upgradable computer which will put us in the same place we are now? While we can nurse our cMPs because of their expandability while we wait, what's going to happen when the MacTrashCan get's old and we have to wait again?

6. koyoot Suspended

koyoot

If Apple will update it it will have most likely enough power to serve few years without absolutely any hiccups.