Since passbook isnt working for most...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacChinoNyc, Sep 22, 2012.

1. MacChinoNyc macrumors 6502

What app can you recommend to buy movie tickets with the ip5?

2. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

Fandango - which is compatible with passbook

3. rmwebs macrumors 68040

By not working, do you guys get a screen with a button that takes you to the appstore, before it tells you 'Cannot connect to iTunes' (even though it can connect fine).

Doesnt look like there's a single UK service on Passbook, and you cant delete the damn app! :mad:

4. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I will download that. But I would have no clue how to make it work with passbook once I download it :eek:
    Do you know?

I think I do lol. I open passbook and see boarding passes,tickets,store cards, and coupons with a App Store button beneath that. I click it and it goes to the app store and shows me "Cannot connect to iTunes store". I've also tried the recommended fixes with no success.

5. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

Ugh that sucks! Hopefully they will have some come out quickly.

6. Deako macrumors 6502

I had same issues, performed a "reset network settings" and its all working.

7. KPOM macrumors G5

The fixes are hit and miss. It temporarily worked on my pre-order. However, if you get an app that can create a Passbook coupon, Passbook itself does. It's just that the App Store link doesn't work. Hopefully that's fixed in 6.0.1 as Apple must know about it (the "fix" is all over the blogs and online magazines).

It is working fine on my second iPhone (unlocked that I bought in the store).

8. Edwin124 macrumors member

I flight on Lufthansa coming up next week and I really wanted to use passbook but might not be able to :(

9. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

Its actually working now that I purchased tickets on the fandango app. Although I'm not sure how to join the fandango with passbook. I click passbook and see the same, but when I click App Store it takes me to the compatible apps. What would be my next step? Do I need an actual account name on fandango? I'm totally not getting passbook atm lol.

10. Surely Guest

Surely

This is what happens to me as well.

Slightly annoying.

11. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

It works now for me, this was after I purchased tickets with the fandango app. At least thats how I think it worked for me. I just dont know how to make fandango show up in the passbook app. Anyone got that far?

12. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

view the ticket within the fandango app and I believe there is an "Add" button that will send it over to passbook

13. MCRunning macrumors 6502

Passbook fix for those who get that error that it can't connect

Go under to Settings > General > Date & Time

Turn off set Automatically

Change the year to 2013 > open up passbook. It should connect. Go back and change date & time to set automatically

14. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't see that option on the ticket only invite friends or add to calendar. Theres a chance this theater doesn't support mobile tickets maybe. Also see a message that says bring your credit card to pick up tickets from the box office. Not sure.

15. Surely Guest

Surely

That worked for me.

Thanks muchly.

16. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

when you bring up the ticket, does it display the barcode? check fandango.com and see if that theater supports mobile ticketing, I bet thats what the holdup is

Edit: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fandango-movies-times-tickets/id307906541?mt=8 First screenshot shows what I'm talking about

17. Rigby macrumors 601

That seems no longer to be necessary. Yesterday I had the problem too, but today it works for me without any fix.

I have a United Airlines flight booked next week and will try storing the boarding pass in Passbook from their app (which was updated yesterday).

18. Trek2100 macrumors 6502a

Trek2100

Yesterday and this morning Passbook did not work for me even after several attempts of the fix that worked for some people. I read on several sites and forums that the fix did not work for most people who posted comments however, I just tried opening Passbook ad connecting to the app store and IT WORKED! Yippee:D. Until more apps appear I will not have any use for it. Perhaps "Target".

19. wellok macrumors 6502

Bah, Passbook and the App Store still don't work for me. App Store worked when I first got my 5 but no longer.

20. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, thats what I was looking for. It must not support it. Oh well I better start getting to that movie, thanks. :)

21. CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

Lufthansa has already updated their app to support passbook.

22. Surely Guest

Surely

It was necessary for me.