Since people don't seem to know how to calculate their data usage here is a good tool

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SRLMJ23, Jul 1, 2010.

1. SRLMJ23 macrumors 68000

SRLMJ23

2. Luminyx macrumors member

3. SRLMJ23 thread starter macrumors 68000

SRLMJ23

Yea, I am glad I stuck with my unlimited data plan. I was about to switch to one of the new data plans until he showed me that data calculator and it showed I was over 2gb so I said keep my unlimited.

It's a good tool, I wish more people would use it. I see a lot of people on here always complaining about not really knowing what their data usage is, or what it COULD be, now you can figure it out.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why not just check your actual usage with ATT :confused: without using the silly calculator

5. rmwhite macrumors member

Or type *DATA# and divide by the decimal percentage of your billing cycle which has passed.

Actual Total Month * % Month Gone = Actual Now

6. katai macrumors regular

I like the new at&t data usage graph. It shows how much data you have used in the past each month. Luckily I have never gone over 2gb. Only one time in March was 1.8gb

7. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

8. livingonvideo13 macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

Yeah the best way is to just log onto your account and check it out. I thought for sure I was using a lot of data but now after looking at it, it really is not that bad.

[​IMG]

Looking at my usage I would want the 2GB plan but right now I am on the unlimited so will just keep that.

My Dad though is on the unlimited plan but could easily be put on the 200mb plan. Not sure if he should give it up though since he could never get the unlimited plan back.

[​IMG]

9. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

That's really handy, thanks. Monthly usage is ok but the Vodafone plan I'm going with for the iP4 allows 5MB of roaming data per day and it's interesting to see how much that allows me to do.

10. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Unless I guess you are a new or customer thinking of signing up.

Those numbers are not really accurate though. They estimate on the low side.