Since T-Mobile's 4G network will work with the next generation iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by heyyitzmelissa, Mar 25, 2012.

1. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

I will be doing a switch. I should rephrase my thread title. When the iPhone supports 4G, T-Mobile says they're revamping their network to be compatible with iPhone's bands. ******* AT&T's high prices for my single line. It'll nice refreshing to join my family's family plan again for the reduced bill ad have unlimited 4G speeds. The only reason why I'm on AT&T is because I don't wat to use Edge on an unlocked iPhone.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I doubt this "revamp" (which I hadn't heard of, but that doesn't mean anything) is going to happen overnight. And if it does happen, who knows, maybe they too will get the iPhone and prices might not stay the same.

3. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

T-Mobile is still late to the 3G game, as many places only have EDGE with T-Mobile. I had T-Mobile up til last year and I would get EDGE in so many places, but if I went into town I'd get '4G'.

It's going to take them a LONG time to reach AT&T & Verizon's coverage, or at least half of it.

Who says once the next iphone hits T-Mobile will even get it?

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

If TMO starts supporting the 3G radio bands that iPhone uses, this is irrelevant. Buy unlocked, pay TMO off contract pricing, and still come out way on top.

5. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

No, no I agree. But most people would never do that because they are simply uneducated about "unlocked phones." But if they did support the 3G bands in the iPhone their plans would be sweet. I'd be all over the monthly 4G plans with my unlocked iPhone. :D