Since the update now might not happen Sept 9th Who is buying now!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by *Sandy*, Sep 2, 2008.

  1. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 15, 2008
    Location:
    Always in a path of a Hurricane!
    #1
    Just wondering who will by now, since it just iPods updating/
     
  2. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2006
    #2
    I think the ipod event will end with the introductions of the new macbooks/macbook pro. Pretty sure. :)
     
  3. badgerman macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2008
    #3
    gunna wait to see what the uk back to school offer is, but will prob wait till oct at least. They have to do it in the next 8 weeks surely?
     
  4. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 15, 2008
    Location:
    Always in a path of a Hurricane!
    #4
    I hope so it would be nice....
     
  5. skye12 macrumors 65816

    skye12

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2006
    Location:
    Austin, Tx
    #5
    Since back to school is in full swing, I think Apple will wait until October on the laptop updates. Too many pricing issues to update this week imo.

    We'll see.
     
  6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

    GoCubsGo

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2005
    #6
    I'm sure Sandy knows why I would want to see an update to the MB that she wants. ;)

    Aside from that, I too think there'll be an update but if they even so much as hint about it then sales may drop this week. Better machine or free iPod...I'd take the better machine in all honesty.
     
  7. milani macrumors 68000

    milani

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2008
  8. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 15, 2008
    Location:
    Always in a path of a Hurricane!
    #8
    Yes, Yes i do :) she purrs, no fans, she will make a purr fect addition
     
  9. khunsanook macrumors 6502

    khunsanook

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2006
    Location:
    East Asia
    #9
    There won't be new macs unveiled unless they will be available very shortly if not immediately. Otherwise Apple would kiss a month of notebook sales goodbye while everyone waits. Even if they offered pre-ordering they still have a big pile of the current gen.

    Personally I'm looking forward to the refurb store after the new release so i can pick up a tried and true current gen for the mrs. After the last update refurb blackbooks dropped to $1049 :eek:
     
  10. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    Location:
    Indiana
  11. snowpea macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2008
    #11
    I'll probably buy next week if I don't change my mind about switching to Macs. My Asus is dead more or less, and I'm borrowing my brother's Vaio right now. Unfortunately, I admit I'm one to like new toys, and I know if I buy a current gen MB and a new one is released next month, I'd be quite dissatisfied (I was really hoping for an improved screen and touchpad). Knowing this about myself, I'm considering the Vaio SR right now, a beautiful little machine (albeit very ovrepriced)
     
  12. ll PiStoNs ll macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2007
    #12
    You guys should all wait till the 9th regardless. Who knows maybe apple will be kool and let ud get the new ipod touches instead. Especially since there is a price drop they might let us get an old 16 gb for free at least
     
  13. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

    hogfaninga

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2008
    Location:
    Chestnut Tree Cafe
    #13
    They won't. If they do they will a ton of complaint and people in the 14 day window will return theirs. Doesn't matter. Apple has restrictions on the free ipod deal with model numbers.
     
  14. Chappers macrumors 68020

    Chappers

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2003
    Location:
    At home
    #14
    Another variation of the "Shall I buy or shall I wait?" threads.

    However maybe some people haven't noticed huge numbers of these types of threads - so my answer along with other peoples answer is :-

    Wait if you can
    Buy if you can't

    I was in this position waiting for updates as I could get educational discount, I was lucky. Updates happened about 3 weeks before I lost the discount chance.

    Its common sense to be honest.
     
  15. alphaod macrumors Core

    alphaod

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2008
    Location:
    NYC
    #15
    Yes. I'm buying now. I've been waiting -7 months!
     
  16. Vulcan macrumors 65816

    Vulcan

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2008
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    #16
    Already bought a few days ago and couldn't be happier :)
     

Share This Page