Since updating to iOS 7, my iPad 4 loads web content VERY slowly, if at all.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Brows, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Brows macrumors member

Internet was fine in iOS 6, updated to 7 and have had nothing but troubles with any apps using web content eg. safari chrome, appstore, pintrest... anything accessing the web hangs and eventually works or a no go at all. Was the same on both the initial release of 7 and 7.0.2. Tried doing several hard reboots and restored the operating system, but no changes. Internet connection is fine on our home computer and both phones. I'm getting a speed test of 40 mb/s down on speedtest on our wifi network on the phone. Its so bad that I't won't download apps from the appstore. I have an appointment on Saturday now to get it looked at, but I was wondering if there's something that I haven't thought of yet that may fix this!

Its an iPad 4 running iOS 7.0.2

Thanks

Denise

OK ive managed to install speedtest on the iPad after several repeated attemps and these are the results from the tests that I have run on it

Test 1 iPad

734 ping
    32.04 Mb/s Download
    2.79 Mb/s Upload

Test 2 iPad

734 ping
    32.69 Download
    2.73 upload

Test 3 iPad

734 ping
    32.04 download
    2.73 upload

test 1 iPhone

60 ping
    29.69 download
    2.93 upload

test 2 iPhone

60 ping
    34.19 download
    2.91 upload

Any Ideas??

edit:

another speed test with the ipad gave these numbers while still having the same not being able to access web pages in safari

ping 42
    41.53 down
    2.79 up

42.82 down
    2.79 up

2. Brows thread starter macrumors member

Brought it in to an apple store and they swapped it out for a brand new one! Only had a month left on the 1 year of warranty. And by setting up the new ipad it allowed me to download the pages numbers etc apps free. Worked out not bad