Since updating to OS 4.0 on my 3GS, having big issues when plugging phone into car...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Theezy, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Theezy macrumors newbie

So I have a JVC KW-NT1 car navigation deck in my car. Which also has USB plugin for Iphone/Ipod.

Ever since I upgraded to the new 4.0 OS on my Iphone, it will load my playlist into the deck, but as soon as I go to the playlist and try to go to a different artist, or switch the song on the actual deck, the song just freezes and I have to unplug and plug back in and start all over. You can switch to control the playlist via the head unit or the Iphone itself, if I go and switch that it freezes as well. Anyone know anything I can do to fix this? Basically unless I just plug in the phone and let it play whatever its on, it will play fine, but as soon as I try to manually change anything, it just freezes.

2. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

I remember hearing that some people had luck with disconnecting the battery of the car, and thus resetting their stereo. I think that was mostly for head units that connect via Bluetooth, but it might be worth a try. I would leave it disconnected for about 20 minutes just to make sure it resets.

That's all I know.

3. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

4. Theezy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Vertigo, but I read those reports as well, that was all for Ford Sync systems from what I saw though. I also went to that site you posted and added my issue there, thank you for posting that link! Hopefully someone finds an answer there...

If anyone else here knows how to fix this please help me!!

5. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

Seems odd that it freezes. Obviously it's a software issue. I'm curious if the battery thing would work. You'll lose all your presets, but it may be worth a try. Other than that, I think youre at the mersy of Apple's updates or your radio deck.