lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Shocked that this hasn't been discussed. And no this isn't going to be your best troll reply. Or you saying you been with a 1000 women since receiving the watch. But seriously, how many of you have actually went out in public and used the watch as conversation starter?

I noticed myself that even wearing the smaller 38mm in public. Women do stop me to ask if I am wearing the "watch". You would be surprised how well this works in public. Of course they aren't going to be with you cause you are wearing it. Once they stop you, and start talking to you. The rest is up to you. It's not a miracle worker lol.

kingofwale

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
i find it's much harder to pick up girls with Apple watch. Most girls I talked to feel apple watch was snobby or douchebaggy. if Anything, I'd much rather approach a girl with my omega watch instead.

Comment

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
... and here I have reached my personal limit of reading Apple Watch related posts. Good Night, everyone.

Comment

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Not trying to troll anyone. It was a serious question. I feel especially for shy guys, that this is a good ice breaker. Cause women would approach them. And get the conversation started. But like I said before. It won't work miracles. At that point it's up to the guy to take it from there.

Comment

LiemTa

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2014
I was going to say. I think us women have a better chance of picking up men while wearing our apple watch ;)

In other words, you wear the Watch and stand there doing nothing, hoping for the man to approach.

Comment

mbhforum

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
No but my wife is ready to leave me bc it's all I was talking about got the past 6 weeks lmao

Comment

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Not trying to troll anyone. It was a serious question. I feel especially for shy guys, that this is a good ice breaker. Cause women would approach them. And get the conversation started. But like I said before. It won't work miracles. At that point it's up to the guy to take it from there.

I'm sorry but to honest this is ridiculous. My own friends don't even comment on the high tech gear I have. I can't see women walking up to a guy and starting a conversation about his iWatch. While one of the things that attracts women about men is the watch they wear, (but that's generally because they see them wearing either a Movado or a Rolex) considering the iWatch is a geek product that would be pretty nerdy for a girl to approach a guy over Apple's watch. Even worse is the guy starting a conversation with a girl he's interested in about his iWatch.

Comment

chfilm

macrumors 68030
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
I've only had one guy recognizing the Apple watch at a party. He just said to his friends "look, hes got an apple watch" but didn't even talk to me.

I hooked up with two girls since I own the watch, but completely unrelated. The one really likes the watch and says "this is the future". The other one doesn't really care.

Comment

NT1440

Contributor
May 18, 2008
I don't subscribe to the notion that women (or man for that matter) will be attracted to a guy because of the watch he's wearing. Not unless superficiality is the trait I'm looking for in a partner.

Hell why not just do it the way the penguins do, find yourself the shiniest best looking rock to plop down in front of her. The only downside is that while you're busy trying to make a watch a reason to be interested in someone, that other person has already gravitated towards someone with something much more attractive...I think they call it a personality.

Comment

CharlesShaw

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2015
I hooked up with two girls since I own the watch, but completely unrelated.

Soon we can text with the next hookup using the :apple:watch while we are hooking up. Grindr Tindr developers are already on this, no doubt.

Last edited:
Comment

wepiii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2012
Maybe because I'm 30 and not 20, but if anything I might take mine off before approaching a girl I was interested in. I love the watch and I enjoy all that it can do, but I certainly don't feel like women (of the age I would be interested in) would care at all. My other watch is a Rolex submariner, and I've never had a single person, man or woman, notice it. I doubt the Apple Watch will be any different. All that being said, I'm also not the type to try to get my wrist noticed either.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.