Single guys: How many have you picked girls up since getting the watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by lsutigerfan1976, May 10, 2015.

1. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

Shocked that this hasn't been discussed. And no this isn't going to be your best troll reply. Or you saying you been with a 1000 women since receiving the watch. But seriously, how many of you have actually went out in public and used the watch as conversation starter?

I noticed myself that even wearing the smaller 38mm in public. Women do stop me to ask if I am wearing the "watch". You would be surprised how well this works in public. Of course they aren't going to be with you cause you are wearing it. Once they stop you, and start talking to you. The rest is up to you. It's not a miracle worker lol.

2. TouchMint.com macrumors 68000

TouchMint.com

Tbh I can see the watch having the opposite effect haha.

3. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I can also see it working better for women who wear the Apple Watch and attracting men. ;)

4. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

i find it's much harder to pick up girls with Apple watch. Most girls I talked to feel apple watch was snobby or douchebaggy. if Anything, I'd much rather approach a girl with my omega watch instead.

5. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I was going to say. I think us women have a better chance of picking up men while wearing our apple watch ;)

6. pmau macrumors 65816

... and here I have reached my personal limit of reading Apple Watch related posts. Good Night, everyone.

7. lsutigerfan1976 thread starter macrumors 68000

Not trying to troll anyone. It was a serious question. I feel especially for shy guys, that this is a good ice breaker. Cause women would approach them. And get the conversation started. But like I said before. It won't work miracles. At that point it's up to the guy to take it from there.

8. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

9. lsutigerfan1976 thread starter macrumors 68000

Lol, not sure if you are trolling or serious.

10. LiemTa macrumors regular

In other words, you wear the Watch and stand there doing nothing, hoping for the man to approach.

11. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Serious. ;)

That said, the watch is indeed a conversation starter, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of it helping strike up a conversation with someone of the gender you're attracted to.

12. mbhforum macrumors 6502

No but my wife is ready to leave me bc it's all I was talking about got the past 6 weeks lmao

13. CharlesShaw macrumors 6502

CharlesShaw

The bunny is smart.

14. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

No usually my boyfriend is with me so that wouldn't work.:rolleyes:

15. Esoom macrumors 6502

Esoom

Depends, are we talking women that accept Apple Pay?

16. HenryDJP macrumors 603

I'm sorry but to honest this is ridiculous. My own friends don't even comment on the high tech gear I have. I can't see women walking up to a guy and starting a conversation about his iWatch. While one of the things that attracts women about men is the watch they wear, (but that's generally because they see them wearing either a Movado or a Rolex) considering the iWatch is a geek product that would be pretty nerdy for a girl to approach a guy over Apple's watch. Even worse is the guy starting a conversation with a girl he's interested in about his iWatch.

17. LiemTa macrumors regular

True that. Nothing as repulsive as a taken female.

18. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

I've only had one guy recognizing the Apple watch at a party. He just said to his friends "look, hes got an apple watch" but didn't even talk to me.

I hooked up with two girls since I own the watch, but completely unrelated. The one really likes the watch and says "this is the future". The other one doesn't really care.

19. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I don't subscribe to the notion that women (or man for that matter) will be attracted to a guy because of the watch he's wearing. Not unless superficiality is the trait I'm looking for in a partner.

Hell why not just do it the way the penguins do, find yourself the shiniest best looking rock to plop down in front of her. The only downside is that while you're busy trying to make a watch a reason to be interested in someone, that other person has already gravitated towards someone with something much more attractive...I think they call it a personality.

20. CharlesShaw, May 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 10, 2015

CharlesShaw macrumors 6502

CharlesShaw

Soon we can text with the next hookup using the :apple:watch while we are hooking up. Grindr Tindr developers are already on this, no doubt.

21. whatos macrumors 6502a

Such an entertaining thread!

Those who fail at "picking up girls" and think the watch will be ideal bait... are about to be hit with the "slap of reality" ha... ha... ha... :eek:

22. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Best post of the week! That made me laugh. Perfect quote for this thread. :D

23. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

24. Mtmspa macrumors 6502a

Most women don't need a watch to pick up a guy...

25. wepiii macrumors 6502

Maybe because I'm 30 and not 20, but if anything I might take mine off before approaching a girl I was interested in. I love the watch and I enjoy all that it can do, but I certainly don't feel like women (of the age I would be interested in) would care at all. My other watch is a Rolex submariner, and I've never had a single person, man or woman, notice it. I doubt the Apple Watch will be any different. All that being said, I'm also not the type to try to get my wrist noticed either.