iPhone 6(S)(+) Siri asks for a password only when I call my home number!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mick-Mac, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Mick-Mac macrumors regular

My wife an iPhone issue that's frustrating the heck out of me. She can use her iPhone to call anybody and it works just like it should. However, if she calls our home landline (and the issue pertains to calling *only* that number) then the landline rings just once and then Siri (repeatedly) asks:

"Please enter your password, then press pound".

She's tried using the phone keypad to enter her iPhone password but to no avail. If you wait long enough Siri eventually says:

"Unfortunately the system cannot process your entries. Please try again later. Goodbye."

None of the other family members have this issue with their iPhones, just her. We all use the same contacts, synced via iCloud. Also, her phone is set for the Siri female with an Australian accent, but the password prompt in definitely in Siri's unmistakable US female accent. I have no idea what's going on :-(...

2. mattguy10 macrumors 6502a

mattguy10

It almost sounds like she’s calling a voicemail mailbox. I don’t think it’s Siri you’re hearing. When you dial a number and make the call, there’s no reason for Siri to speak. When you hear “please enter your password, then press pound,” it sounds like a voicemail password is being asked for.