Siri can't find my sister, my mother..etc.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by patricklanc, Dec 17, 2011.

1. patricklanc macrumors newbie

I am using iPhone 4s with my contact on iCloud.
    I try to use siri to call my sister. I am sure that I have already set my relationship in my contact. Here is the situation.

I: call my sister.
    Siri: I don't see XXX (exactly my sister's name in my address book) in your address book.

I:my mother.
    Siri: I don't know who XXX is (XXX=my mother's name in my address).

I am very sure they are in my address book and obviously Siri know our relationships. I don't know why Siri can't find their contacts ?

Does anyone know how this could happen and how to solve it ? Thanks so much

2. Bulldog3777 macrumors 6502

Siri

I don't say call my son, I say his name.

3. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

In the nickname category under their contact info add sister, brother, wife etc.

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

It works better (or only) if you tell Siri "So and so is my mom", "So and so is my sister" - Setting them up manually doesn't always work.

5. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

What I did when I wanted to establish a relationship that Siri could follow was to ask her to "Call my sister Myyyyy Thhhhh." (The letters of course represent her first and last name.)

Siri responded "Do you want me to remember that Myyyyy Thhhhh is you're sister?"

I said, "Yes" and Siri has had no trouble since.

Although you do not have to follow a strict set of grammatical rules when using Siri it does help to keep things tied together until she learns your method of thinking.

6. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Yeah, what everyone said. It's easy "Jane is my Mother" or you can add manually in YOUR OWN contact name so Siri will know who your Mother is.

7. estockme macrumors regular

siri has been a little screwy on relationships with me lately... first it changed my name to "find a parking spot," then it forgot who i was all together (or seemed to forget) who all my people were... so go figure. i chalked it up to being beta.