Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BennyK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
Appleton, WI
So here is my question. I like Siri and use her often, so does my wife. My wife and I each have separate iPhones. We use the same contact list and both sync to the same iCloud account. So in the contact list, there is always one contact that says "me" Right now I am set to me, so on my wife's phone siri calls her Ben. We can change it but when she syncs again she changes it back to me. So question is, is there anyway around this so Siri calls my wife by her name and me by my name? I know we can go into Siri and change it but like I said, it gets switched back when we sync.
Thanks

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
You'd need to use separate iCloud accounts, you can do that and still use the same iTunes account.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

You just can't have 2 seperate "me's" under the same iCloud account. Get a separate cloud account for her and be done with it.

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
I've seen a lot of threads on this board where people have Siri or iCloud issues, and it always comes from sharing an account. Get your own!

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
If it helps, think of it this way. Siri has a definition for the word "me". When it hears "me" it looks up "me". Between you and your wife syncing back and forth you are redefining "me".

BennyK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
Appleton, WI
Ok that makes sense. Let me ask this, because I havent tried that before. Can we still sync the same calendar using different icloud accounts? That was my main reason for sharing an icloud account. Thanks!!

----------

Did you mean:
Siri confuses me with my wife.

Or do both you and your wife find Siri confusing?

sorry for my poor wording. I did mean Siri confuses me with my wife.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Disclaimer: I don't have a 4S nor have I used Siri.

• Delete the 'me' contact.
  • Create contacts named normally for both you and your wife using your names.
  • Select that normally named contact in the "settings.app -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> My Info" field for your respective phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.