Siri + fingerprint scanner?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by goobot, Sep 10, 2013.

1. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Something some people disliked about Siri is it could be a security risk on the lock screen. You could also disable it on the lock screen but that destroys half of its usefulness. Now the fingerprint scanner is on the home button so maybe apple has it so when you click to hold to activate siri it will also scan your finger to make sure it is you before activating it? I think it seems like a good use of the fingerprint scanner. Does anybody know if apple actually does this?

2. Che Castro macrumors 603

The video I saw on cnet on his first fingerprint try Siri came up because he held down the home button
    To use the fingerprint you gotta put your finger over the home button without pushing down

I did not see what your asking in the video demo

3. imalazeeass macrumors regular

I was actually wondering if the fingerprint scanner would trigger a lot of accidental siri requests, but as you pointed out you wouldn't be pressing into the button while scanning the fingerprint. So I'm guessing you press the button once to wake up the phone and then let go of the button but leave your finger there for it to scan? Or would you not even have to press the button and simply leave your thumb there while the phone is in sleep mode? I think I heard that the metal ring detects if your finger is there or not.

----------

That would be a cool feature, but I doubt it'll be that sophisticated. But we'll see...