Siri hacks without SiriProxy (ex pizza ordering)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by moonman239, Jun 29, 2012.

1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

I created a contact called "Domino's Pizza" on my iPhone, assigned my iCloud e-mail address to the contact, then told Siri to send a message to "Domino's Pizza" saying I wanted a cheese pizza.

What would be cool is if there was a program on the computer that watched my e-mail inbox for an e-mail that either mentioned pizza or was addressed to Domino's Pizza, logged into Domino's's Website and ordered me a cheese pizza.

I know there's a SiriProxy plugin for this, but using SiriProxy requires that the phone be connected to the same WiFi network that the computer running SiriProxy is on.

2. DodgeV83 macrumors 6502a

This is definitely possible, and wouldn't require much. You can setup a Thinderbird email rule to run a file whenever a specific email comes through from a specific person with specific text. Then record yourself ordering a pizza in AutoIt (Windows) or xdotool (Linux), (not sure of the OSX equivalent) and set Thunderbird to run that file when the email comes through :)

Sounds like a fun project!

3. moonman239 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yep, it's as easy as creating an AppleScript and an e-mail rule.

Here's how it would work:

I tell Siri to tell Domino's Pizza that I want a cheese pizza. Then Siri sends a message to an e-mail address designated for pizza orders. My e-mail client sees that an e-mail has been sent from xxx-xxx-xxxx@mms.att.com and runs an AppleScript that examines the e-mail to determine what I want to order and where I want my order delivered. Armed with that information, the script basically emulates a user making the order online - it loads the order page in Safari, filling in form fields along the way, then sends an e-mail telling me my order was completed and it should arrive in about 30 minutes.

Why would I make a voice recording when the script can order the pizza online?

4. DodgeV83 macrumors 6502a

AutoIt and xdotool would record your mouse and keyboard while making the order. Not your voice :) You can script it manually as well if you wish. Sounds like AppleScript works similarly.