siri has not been working for me.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dominicanyor, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

I have been having problems with Siri since Sunday. Every question that I ask she saids that their has been a problem could you tried again. I did a reset on my phone 4s and it did not fix anything. Anyone knows what could be the issue?

2. Exotic-Car Man macrumors regular

Exotic-Car Man

I am having the same problem with my iPhone 5, whether it's over Verizon 3G, LTE, or WiFi. I can't control music, launch apps, or show calendar events. There might be more I can't do, but that's what I've discovered so far.

3. Dominicanyor thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

If someone could help me on my Siri situation that will be great. Today is Thursday and Siri still not working.#

4. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

I find soft resetting does the trick.
    Also, when siri is interrupted, by a text, notification e.t.c, she somehow wont do much until a restart.

Just what ive noticed so far.

5. leerichards1 macrumors regular

I think there are general issues, I've also experienced lots of instances where Siri doesn't respond. Recently I've found it works far more regularly on my iPad than my iPhone, not really sure why that is. A quick weather check this morning on the iPhone was fine however.

6. Make Donuts macrumors newbie

Jumping from ip4 to ip5 this has being my first experience with siri and well if i want to set a timer that is pretty much the gist of siri so far - everything else has being a big flop so far.

7. LaunchpadBS macrumors 6502a

Siri has been A LOT slower on iOS6 that's for sure.

8. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

I've had this issue as well and it's annoying, particularly if you are in the middle of something fairly complex. I was driving and having Siri write a text for me. 2/3 of the way through, I received an iMessage. Instead of picking up where I left off, had to start from scratch.

9. chdwil macrumors regular

So Siri is highly temperamental, well she is a woman.

10. molingrad macrumors member

I had the 4 do this is my first time using Siri. So far it's pretty useless. Doesn't understand "call dad" or that Jess is short for Jessica. NOTHING like the ads. I didn't expect that but so far it really sucks.

11. ClubDownforce macrumors newbie

It doesn't really work for anyone about 50 percent of the time. I use it for reminders, and alarm clocks, and it works great for that. I also was able to update my fb status with it the other day. Useless, but it seems far more functional now than it did on my 4S.

Placebo effect? Who knows.

12. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

They haven't removed the Beta tag. So it is still in beta.