Siri having problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cameraguyg3, Oct 11, 2012.

1. cameraguyg3 macrumors newbie

:confused:I noticed in September that Siri was not responding for some on this forum. All day she has given me the silent treatment (on AT&T). She recognizes my command but never acts on it. Occasionally, she will apologize and ask me to try again. After the 3rd try I think to myself, "i could have sent the message myself by now." Anyone heard why this is happening? (iPhone 4S running OS6):apple:

2. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

I'm sure the issues are server related.. With the new iPad gaining Siri; as well as the iPhone 5, it's getting crowded.

I only use Siri for reminders, alarms, and music controls anymore...

I'm sure it will get better eventually, but remember it's STILL beta :rolleyes:

3. cameraguyg3 thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess you are right? It makes sense. I usually have success on wi-fi but not today. Our area is supposed to get LTE in the coming months....will that make for an improved Siri you think?

4. mjpearce023 macrumors 6502

Siri was fine on the iOS 6 Beta but when I got the 5 it started having problems. I think its traffic on the server as mentioned above. I can ask something and she will respond immediately and then I can ask the same question 60 seconds later and get no response. Hopefully they will beef up the server some more.

5. imacadoo macrumors member

On my iPhone 5 siri sounds like she has a cold compared to the 4s.

6. hdalien macrumors member

I've noticed that as well, though her speech recognition is vastly improved in iOS 6.

7. cameraguyg3 thread starter macrumors newbie

UPDATE: Siri was working better through my iPad3 last night...still sluggish on the iPhone 4S running OS6...still, it's the coolest thing when she is functioning properly
    ...but what has happened to "it just works"? Apple needs to focus on that slogan and they will remain strong. For years we have (almost arrogantly) told our PC/Android/Windows friends that "at least we don't have bugs and weekly updates from the mothership"...:)