Siri Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cambookpro, Sep 25, 2012.

1. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Hi,
    I recently upgraded from an iPhone 4 to a 5 so obviously Siri is new to me.
    I was wondering if anyone can help me with two queries I have?

1) It wont navigate me to school. I have my school address saved in my contact but whenever I say 'Navigate to school' Siri says it can't find contact information for [My name] - school. However, when I say navigate home, it does that just fine. Any ideas?

What's weirder, even if I just say 'Show me my school', it brings up my contact info, yet it refuses to navigate me there. :confused:

2) I live near Reading (pronounced Redding) so whenever I ask for football (soccer to you Americans ;) ) for Reading it says it can't find 'Redding'. Yet if I say 'Reading' (pronounced reeding), it gives me them just fine. Any way to 'train' it to know that Reading=Redding?

Thanks!

2. eleite macrumors regular

eleite

It sounds like the contact name for your school is "your name - school". That's not going to work smoothly if you're asking her to take you somewhere and you're only pronouncing part of the contact name. Rename your school contact to "school name" and try asking Siri, "take me to [school name]".

Good luck lad!

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Now...school isn't a default label for addresses, correct? I see "home," "work," and "other." Is that what you see? Try changing it to "other" and see what happens.

4. cambookpro thread starter macrumors 603

cambookpro

I just tried 'Navigate to My name - school' with no luck. Still no luck if I change the label to the [school name], either! :eek:

Correct, school is a custom label. However, when changing it to other, it then asks 'I don't know where your school address is. Tap your name to add it.' So I tap it, but then it doesn't remember that that is my school address!

Maybe Siri just hates me... :p

5. eleite macrumors regular

eleite

Sounds like you figured it out. ;)

Try other words - it could be pronunciation/recognition issues w/ Siri. She is an american girl afterall.

:p

6. cambookpro thread starter macrumors 603

cambookpro

I may just give up. I know my way to school anyway I suppose... :p