siri i'm really sorry about this but i can't take any requests right now

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ANTAWNM26, Dec 8, 2014.

1. ANTAWNM26 macrumors 6502a

ANTAWNM26

anyone having these issues with siri:siri i'm really sorry about this but i can't take any requests right now

Im not jailbroken 8.1.1

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

It will happen sometimes. Just try again later.

3. ANTAWNM26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ANTAWNM26

I turned off n restarted still no go

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The problem isn't your phone. It's the Siri Server. Sometimes it gets overloaded or is slow to respond.

5. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

Google Now is a great replacement. With better performance, it's faster and offers more features and benefits as well.

Thanks Google :D

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Not really better though as it doesn't integrate with various device functions like Siri does, which is something that a lot of people use.

7. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

And actually, it's only faster on iOS, likely because all it has to do is web lookups. Google Now on Android (which integrates into the OS much like Siri) is virtually always slower than Siri, and it is also not immune to backend problems. I have a Moto X 2nd Generation (e.g., top-of-the-line Android phone) and it's not terribly unusual for Google Now to hang on "recognizing" indefinitely when giving it a query.

8. iososx, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014

iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

There's a problem with your Moto X.

On my Motorola built Nexus 6, My Note 4, and my OnePlus One Android phones Google Now is faster, smoother and offers more cards than Google Now does on my iPhone 6 Plus... which is normal since its Google at the heart of all Android phones.

I've been using both Androids and iPhones concurrently since 2007, each platform is excellent with its own unique features. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with siri if you like it, but it's a different App that's not as granular and much of its programmed with fixed default responses from Apple designed to impress and entertain.

Helpful functionality is Google Now's strength and great value. Google Now and every other Google App is always faster on Android for the same reason that Safari is the fastest browser on iOS. Apple's proprietary ways prevent other apps from operating at their best.

http://www.howtogeek.com/184283/why...ays-be-inferior-to-safari-on-iphone-and-ipad/

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

So you are suggesting the OP get rid of his iPhone and get a Android phone just to use Google now?

That's like advising someone to sell their BMW to buy a Mercedes because it has a better stereo system.

10. apple.snapple macrumors regular

I've contemplated moving over to a Nexus 5 (6 is too damn big) just for Google Now. I use Siri ALL the time as I'm in the car 90% of my life. It sucks trying to drive, say "Hey Siri, do I have any email" and getting the "sorry I can't take requests right now". "Hey Siri, set an alarm"... "sorry I can't take requests right now". And honestly, it hasn't improved in the way Cortana and Google Now have over the last few years. I put Siri, iCloud, and Apple Maps all in the *facepalm* category when it comes to Apple services.