Siri in Canada ...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nodootabooteet, Oct 19, 2011.

1. nodootabooteet macrumors newbie

Using Siri in Alberta, Canada I asked "Where is the closest Tim Hortans?" and it responded with "I can't find restraunts in Canada.". So then I tried "Where am I?" and it said "I can find maps or directions in Canada.".

What the hell is that about? Is Siri only good for thoes types of services in the United States? Is anybody elese in Canada having these problems?

Thanks

2. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Stuff like business searches is only available in US atm. Other countries will have in 2012.

3. nodootabooteet thread starter macrumors newbie

Siri was pushed really hard as a huge part of the new iPhone however I did not see any information that it's use would be limited outside the States. Must have missed that memo.

4. kunaalarria macrumors member

It was left out of Canadian ads/website because of this.

5. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

Remember its still in Beta, as much as Apple has marketed it and pumped it up, it has limitations outside the US at the moment, something I am sure they will quickly address....patience.

6. scousers macrumors member

Try Starbucks.... it may be able to recognize proper coffee.:D:cool:

7. Sakic10 macrumors member

yeah i noticed, but it can use wolfram alpha which i thought was going to be us only as well, so thats a plus.

i'm still loving it actually, responding to text messages, setting reminders its awesome.

i don't think it gives you enough time to think though, its always cutting me off half way through my sentence.

8. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

I believe it was stated in the iPhone keynote that mapping functions only in the states.

9. nodootabooteet thread starter macrumors newbie

10. lowedwayne macrumors newbie

now that iphone 4s is jailbreakable

is it possible to enable certain features via cydia or editing a plist or something? apple just disabled the features just like 3g facetime. there is got to be a faster way. id pay for siri to work right.