Siri in Canada

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Darwing, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Darwing macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

So apparently Siri in Canada is horrible. It doesn't look up directions or any locations in Canada even though we have yelp in Canada and yelp works perfectly fine... Plus if you ask Siri some questions that get funny responses from American users it doesn't have the same response and Canada in fact most of the time Siri says I don't know what you mean by

2. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

Yeah I noticed that too at the Apple store. Didn't have any funny answers for "Knock Knock".
    And most of the time it kept saying "I don't understand..."

Not worth the upgrade here...

3. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Siri everywhere except the US is the same way. No one can do Maps and location search except the US. Apple has already stated in their Siri FAQ that they will be bringing those features to other regions starting in 2012. Can't really expect more from them with a Beta. Just be patient.

4. k3roro macrumors 6502

I'm from Vancouver BC and I tried it on mine and it worked =)

5. Darwing thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

It will find locations in Vancouver how is that possible? I feel that it should be able to do Canada because yelp and everything works in Canada like Google maps and everything I can understand other countries but Canada and the US are so tightly admit that it should be a problem

6. stevemiller macrumors 65816

Licensing. It sucks but it's the way the world works.

7. k3roro macrumors 6502

Sorry - did not mean that it will find locations in Vancouver, but rather that the "knock knock" jokes worked.

8. lowedwayne macrumors newbie

i talked to apple support

i went up to a suprvisors supervisor. and they say 2012, blah, blah, blah. thats 11 more months they got. unlikely 5.1 update will enable siri properly.

i suggest we find a way to enable it, jailbreaking untethered is possible for A5 devices now. im sure its a simple anwser. like editing a plist, like enabling 3g for facetime. they just disabled features they dont want people to have and use. making it harder to use their products. maybe ill go to android or windows phone 7.