iPhone Siri in the crash log, but I haven't even used it?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by dictoresno, Jun 10, 2013.

1. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Even though I never use Siri really, I do have it enabled. I restored my phone as new a week ago and just went to check my crash list and noticed it was listed. Now I haven't used Siri at all since restore, nor used it or called upon it for anything on the date and time listed in the report. Anyone know what the crash is reporting? I noticed it a few weeks ago as well, even though it wasn't used as well.

Attached Files:

2. joshforman macrumors regular

I dunno, it looks like it may just be a problem report, not a crash. Crash reports are usually longer with lots more gobbledygook. I'm guessing Siri couldn't connect on the first try and this is a log of it.

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

That looks like it just tried to connect to the server and couldn't get a connection before timeout. Did you maybe accidentally trigger Siri then cancel? No biggie either way :)

4. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

I'm not an log decipher expert, but to me it looks like the service tried to phone home and was successful doing so.

5. nightstalkerz macrumors 6502

That's not a crash log.

It's more of an information log.

Crash logs have an underscore after the app name. Information logs such as low memory or app timeout have a dash after the app name.

As others have stated, it looks like Siri connecting to the server.

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Siri like most other apps etc ping (calls home) on boot then systematically after a loss of signal etc. it's normal.

7. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

Thanks for the input. That makes sense as I've rebooted the phone here and there. That's probably what it is.