Siri is a bit of a battery killer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UKmacman, Oct 14, 2011.

1. UKmacman macrumors regular

Ok, so the phone hasn't had a proper charge yet and I am playing around a bit but the battery seems to be going down pretty quick. Anyone else think it might be this or just the new phone?

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i can see siri being a bit of a battery hog. the reviews didnt mention on it, but i hope its not too bad. i can definitely use speak to text via BT headset!

3. fjrabon macrumors regular

Same as any processor heavy app that also has to use a data connection.

4. amzchhabra macrumors regular

I remember when I installed iOS5 GM last week, i thought the battery was draining, but ultimately it was because I was playing with it non stop all day. The 4S will be the same, soon you will use it like you normally do and it will show good life :)

5. iPhone3gPSU macrumors member

OP, Can you verify that there is an option with Siri to automatically activate when the phone is held to your face? I saw something about this once, but didn't see anything in any of the reviews that I read. Just curious - thanks!

6. samcraig macrumors P6

and GPS...

That being said - Your battery still needs a little conditioning which will improve overall performance.. so yes - if you haven't gone through a few charging cycles, your battery is bound to drain faster...

7. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Have you charged the battery fully when you got it? It takes a couple of battery discharge/charge cycles for the battery to reach optimum capacity.