Siri is COOL, but not that Smart

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GovtLawyer, Nov 2, 2011.

1. GovtLawyer macrumors 6502

I am a lawyer who defends people with traffic tickets. I wanted Siri to remind me when I got home to call my clients scheduled for hearings the following day. I couldn't figure out how to get Siri to do this. I asked her several variations of the following:

"Remind me when I get home to contact my clients scheduled for tomorrow."
    "Remind me to call my clients scheduled for tomorrow when I get home."

Etc.

Siri tried to set up two reminders for me to call my clients; one when I got home and the other the next day at 9 AM. She got the call my clients part right, reminding me when I got home was easy, but that my clients were scheduled the next day confused her.

I realize that I may have confused Siri by using tomorrow to describe which clients I wanted to call, but those were the clients I had in mind.

Any suggestions how I might have phrased the request which would not have confused her? I thought of using "clients scheduled for 11/3/11," but I figured that would confuse her even more.

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I agree that its currently not the greatest but lets remember that it's less than a month old.

I think about Siri as a 4 - 5 year project. Think of how stupid/incompetent the original 2g iPhone (no 3G, no good camera, no copy paste, no notifications, etc) looks now compared to the 4S? Well... the same thing is going to be true of Siri :D

5 years from now I can guarantee Siri will be one of the most amazing pieces of mobile software ever.

3. 100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

I think you should say their names or client 1,2, etc and use the date instead of tomorrow. I would not think that this task would be a problem.

Wait, I just tried and Siri recognized tomorrow. I used a name not included in my contacts and Siri offered to set a reminder. Good luck counselor! :D

4. Kosm macrumors newbie

try this.

try this...

you- "remind me when I get home"
    Siri- "ok, just tell me what you want to be reminded about."
    you- "call my clients scheduled for hearings the following day"

should then set up a reminder for you when you arrive at your house.

5. MacTheSpoon macrumors 6502a

Remind me when I get home to contact tomorrow's clients?

6. e-steve macrumors newbie

I'm not sure about most people, but I find Siri is amazing for sending messages while in the car. It is even highly useful when typing long phrases in a text or email... instead of pecking at the keyboard just hit the mic button and speak clearly... it is amazing accurate from my experience.

All the other functions are nice, but this is a game changer in my opinion. Eventually it will all be automatic through cars, and I believe it will probably save a few lives too. Beta or not, it works pretty well for me.

7. GovtLawyer thread starter macrumors 6502

God Idea

I hadn't realize that I could break up my request, as you have here. Makes sense.

----------

This would work if I knew the names of the clients. I have ½ dozen on most days.

8. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

9. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Try to keep it simple - "Set up a reminder when I get home to call my clients."

Wouldn't you know when you see the reminder that its for clients who have hearings tomorrow?

10. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

I'm so sorry.

11. GovtLawyer thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry For Who?

Who are you sorry for? The 65% of my clients who get their tickets dismissed?