Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shawzborne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Anyone else have Siri not work starting this morning?

My friend who is in beta 2 can't get it to work either

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
The apple system status page may not refer to beta OS only only that has been deployed to millions of people.

It doesn't. It refers to the server and whether those on ether public release software can access it. Which they can.

If you are use a beta and there is an issue it is 99.9% of the time a beta concern. Use your developer connections and report the concern.

felixberger

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2014
does siri open?
on my ipad siri didnt open. then i disabled siri, rebooted the ipad by holding the power and home button, then enabled siri and it worked.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
You should read the release notes before coming here to post.

Siri

Known Issues

• After memory pressure events, pressing and holding the home button may launch Voice Control instead of Siri when Siri is enabled (Settings > General > Siri).
    Workaround: Reboot the device to have Siri activate as expected.

motorazr

macrumors 6502
Just wanted to add --- consider filing a bug report when it happens too. Never know what might be the key to solving Siri's kidnapping.

....at least Siri isn't being held ransom by Voice Control. That was my first thought, anyway...

You should read the release notes before coming here to post.

Siri

Known Issues

• After memory pressure events, pressing and holding the home button may launch Voice Control instead of Siri when Siri is enabled (Settings > General > Siri).
    Workaround: Reboot the device to have Siri activate as expected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.