Siri Issue On iOS 11 Public Beta 3

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by bokehbox, Jul 30, 2017.

1. bokehbox macrumors newbie

bokehbox

When using "Hey Siri" in iOS 11 Public Beta 3 on the new 12.9" iPad Pro it doesn't seem to work if you have a front cover on the tablet and the cover is closed with the screen off.

It was working fine ever since I've owned the tablet and using the latest iOS 10 install before I put in iOS 11.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem and is there any solution other than removing your cover?

2. PeLaNo macrumors regular

I have no idea about how “hey Siri “ on iPad works when screen is covered,but on the iPhone if you place your screen covered this feature doesn’t work. Maybe they change that on iPad.

3. bokehbox thread starter macrumors newbie

bokehbox

Yes, on my iPad Pro 12.9" (2017 model) "Hey Siri" works fine with cover over it on iOS 10.3.3. Also, with this iPad model (and maybe others too) you don't need to have the device connected to power like you do with iPhone to use "Hey Siri". So I just have it covered on a shelf with no power connection and Hey Siri works all the time.

Anyway, iOS 11 Beta 3 had too many bugs for me. So I just rolled back to iOS 10.3.3 where everything is working much better. I did like Siri better in iOS 11 though. The weather reports were much more detailed and the voice is a bit clearer on pronunciation of some words. I will wait until they fix all the bugs though and I hope with iOS 11 eventually I can still use "Hey Siri" with the cover on.