Siri knows the meaning of life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iamjoshlee, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Iamjoshlee, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  2. Dronomophone macrumors regular

Wow. That's surprising. That question has been brought up before to siri in other threads and the answer was 42. Maybe it depends on how you ask. To get 42, they asked "What is the meaning of life?"

3. Category 5 macrumors member

That answer was from Monty Python's Meaning of Life. I think it was pretty clever to include if you ask me. You know people are going to ask silly questions and Siri has enough of a sense of humor to ply along. lol

4. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

The way he phrased the question ("Have you figured out the meaning to life") makes me wonder if Siri thought he was asking how HE can figure out the meaning of life.

If you just asked "What's the meaning of life?" I have a feeling it would answer 42.

5. Dronomophone macrumors regular

Oh man I can't believe I forgot that. Two awesome life meaning references. Can't wait to try it out.

6. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

I thought that was from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? What is the answer to the ultimate question of the universe?

7. Dronomophone macrumors regular

Yes, that's 42. The other answer from the video is from monty python. That's why I said two awesome references.