Siri Linked to Crashing Apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by w00t951, Nov 26, 2011.

1. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I have noticed that certain apps, specifically Settings, crash quite frequently. I decided to try turning Siri off, and now there are no crashes. Has anyone experimented like this and achieved the same results?

2. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I haven't noticed any of my apps crashing at all.

3. Angryipadguy macrumors regular

Lol do none of you lot use any apps? I have about 3-4 force closes a day on numerous different apps. Safari is the worst for this though. Even my wifes phone does it. My diagnostics reports are all crash related. can't say it's Siri causing it but I might turn it off and see what happens. Getting bored with it anyway. It's no better than any other voice system.

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I get crashes from the Facebook app, but it happens on my 4S and my iPad, so it can't be Siri related.

5. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

My phone turns into a jet fighter 3 or 4 times a day. Very annoying. I don't need a war machine.

6. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

The only app I have that crashes is Facebook, and it happens all the time. Nothing to do with Siri, it's just not a stable app.

7. Mr.C macrumors 601

I get an occasional crash now and then but it's by no means a regular occurrence. I doubt Siri has anything to do with crashes either. It's probably a coincidence.b