Siri looking for places in Canada?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Boots-, May 4, 2012.

1. Boots- macrumors regular

First of all, I live in Canada where Siri can't look for places in Canada. I have an iPhone 4s and was playing with Siri. For some of the responses she said "I'm sorry but I can't look for places in Canada." Just as usual. Then I asked her to find me a taxi because I really didn't know what to say, and I said it out of boredom. She then said "I found a place in Ottawa that's close to you." with a picture of a map. I was surprised because for one she normally can't look for places in Canada, and secondly because I don't live in Ottawa, or even Ontario for that matter. I tried asking her again for a taxi but she replied "I'm sorry but I can't look for places in Canada."

So is this a hint that us Canadians should soon be able to look for places in Canada? Or is it merely a fluke?

What do you guys think?

2. stevemiller macrumors 68000

Love to hear if this is a completely isolated fluke or not. I'm eager for the Canadian service to get up and running! Mobile phones are very useful as wayfinding devices, and this along with improved mapping would be awesome.

I live in Toronto and am usually fumbling through one of the TTC apps to find departure times. Itd be great if they could loop transit times Ito siri as well.