Siri may have mis-heard me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ereiss, Feb 24, 2012.

1. ereiss macrumors newbie

I saw the Apple advert where the iphone owner asked Siri to call him by a certain name. Well, I always wanted to be called Buck. So, following the lead of the advert I asked to Siri to "Call me Buck". Siri asked "Okay, I will call you Book". I said " NO, call me Buck". Siri, decided enough was enough and said "Okay, I will call you *****".

I didn't know that was in her vocabularly but she may have made an exception on my behalf.

I decided to go back to Ed, as my name.

2. DanBurns91 macrumors regular

If you go into contacts and select your name and edit the contact, in the "nickname" option type in "Buck" and siri will call you that from then on

3. Zxxv Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Or when you talk to Siri and what you said comes up wrong just highlight it and edit it to say what you meant. Help Siri learn

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Yes, we all know Apple doesn't list Siri as she. People still use though as there's nothing wrong with it.

5. alesley03 macrumors newbie

I didn't know this! Thanks!

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

If you really want to be called Buck, you can go into the contact that was set up for yourself, and under nickname, type in "Buck". This is all Siri actually does when you tell her to call you something.

----------

And there goes reading fail for me. This was already recommended. Sorry! :eek:

7. davidra macrumors 6502

I don't see a nickname option.....

Never mind..."add field".

8. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

make sure you hit edit and it should show up:

Attached Files: