Siri not pulling contact address info iOS 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by c14nhl, Sep 21, 2012.

1. c14nhl macrumors 6502

c14nhl

Ever since upgrading to iOS 6, Siri isn't pulling any address info from my contacts. For example when setting a reminder for arriving home, or directions to a friends house.

Anyone else had this issue?

2. lordjonny macrumors regular

lordjonny

My gf has a new 5 and siri is also acting up with contact addresses. If you say an address that isn't inputed it asks you to put it in, once you've done so however it keeps saying what siri can do and refuses to acknowledge your home address. Does that sound similar?

3. c14nhl thread starter macrumors 6502

c14nhl

That does sound like the issue I'm having. I've already got all my address info saved within my contacts, which includes myself, friends, family and local businesses. Siri not able to find any of them. It's as if they aren't in my contacts at all. No idea how to fix this!

4. lordjonny macrumors regular

lordjonny

It's certainly odd. Kind of hoping it was a busy siri day. Although maybe it will be fixed along with maps...

5. c14nhl thread starter macrumors 6502

c14nhl

Playing about I was able to get a result when asking about my girlfriends address. Others still have the issue.

6. c14nhl thread starter macrumors 6502

c14nhl

Still got this issue and have no idea how to resolve? Does anyone have any idea how I could go about sorting this? It's like Siri can't see some of the information I have within my contacts.

7. c14nhl thread starter macrumors 6502

c14nhl

I think I've found out what the issue is, however I'm concerned that there won't be a quick fix for this. Due to the new Maps app being, well, below par, it is unable to find certain addresses. I'm gutted, used that feature all the time!