Siri not remembering certain things / people

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gharvell, Dec 13, 2011.

1. gharvell macrumors member

Siri will not remember when I ask it call my son. It goes thru all the procedures asking if I want her to remember his name and I confirm yes, then it calls...
    The next time I ask her to call my son it again asks what his name is...this does not happen with my wife....
    Any ideas...

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Where are your contacts stored, or synced from? Not all services support the necessary relationship statuses for Siri to save this information,

3. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Siri having short-term memory loss? Your phone has been smoking doobies I think.

4. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

It happend to me too when I first got my 4S. Create a contact of you through iCloud and add all of your relationships there. It will remember EVERYONE after that. I used to sync everything through Google, but just recently made the switch. The way Gmail handles relationships is not so great... It only had options for spouse,manager,and assistant I believe... iCloud has anything you can think of!

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

6. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

My Siri acts like its 420 24/7

7. sand0s macrumors member

this stumped me too... it would remember my wife but no one else. then i figured out that it's using the relationship data from my contact information. well, since i'm (probably like you) using contacts from my exchange server, i'm limited to spouse, manager and assistant. so the solution, although kind of clunky, works like a charm. in your contacts app go to groups and then select all on my iphone. if you're like me, you should have no one in there. go ahead and create yourself using your name exactly as it appears on your exchange contact card. tap done, then tap edit and scroll down to the bottom where it says linked cards, tap the add button and select your contact card from your exchange contact list and then tap done. now, under linked cards tap on your name next to unified and then tap edit. scroll down to field below your addresses (or your birthday, if you sometimes forget your own birthday like me, lol) and notice that tapping on the linked field type brings up a plethora of different contact types... you can select the type and the person it's associated with right there. the only downside i see to this method is that you can't ask siri directly to remember someone without some issues because while your iphone contact card will correctly identify the person, the exchange version will make that person a manager or assistant or something. hope this helps!