Siri question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thekb, Oct 6, 2012.

1. thekb macrumors 6502a

I want to know how you tell Siri where your "home" is. I went to the maps app and long pressed on the map to drop a pin where I wanted "home" to be and then added it as a bookmark with the name "home"

The problem is, I want my "home" location to be on my street and near my house, but not my exact location for security purposes. However, when I look at my reminders and tell it to notify when I get to my 'home' it had my actual home address.

So i went into contacts and changed my home address, thinking that is where it got the info, but the changes didn't get reflected when I went back into Reminders.

So how does Siri know where my home is? and how do I add other locations as well?

2. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

I was pretty sure that siri uses your contact information, because I've never entered my address anywhere else.

----------

Maybe try setting up a new reminder. The reminder was probably not set with the location "home" but with the address of where your home was at the time.

3. RobNYC macrumors 6502

You probably need to delete the reminder and then re-enter it. It probably saved it with the old address but when you update your contact info it doesn't change the address in a reminder that's already been set.