Siri raise to speak...does NOT work?

Imola Ghost

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
I've read and watch a video about the raise to speak feature on the 4S however even though it's turned on, it does not work on my wife's iPhone 4S.

Ideas, maybe it's something we're not doing?

.JahJahwarrior.

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2007
I had it working when I first got the phone, but now it seems to have quit working on mine...not too annoying yet but it would be nice to start using it!

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
It worked for me sometimes and sometimes it didn't/ It kinda depended on how fast I wake my phone from standby. Like if I put it to standby now and wake it 2 seconds later, it won't work.

I disabled it, cause I never remember to raise the phone when using Siri.

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2007
Like most women I know, Siri seems to operate on her own terms. ;)

Seriously, I've seen this as well. As noble an attempt as it is, Siri needs some work. Works great at times, useless at others. Success percentage goes down dramatically if you're trying to demo the functionality to others. lol

WHM

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2008
South
I use mine every day...especially while driving. I have had some days it did not work but I think it's a connection problem not a phone problem. Remember it's still a beta and not actually the finished product yet :apple:

rkeato1

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
yeah, it seems like I have to rather quickly and forcibly raise the phone to my ear to get it to register... so I don't think its just a proximity thing

phillyphill

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2010
lorton
no go here, just tried 15 times and nothing. Got it to work 2 times out of 20. but i cant really see myself using it.

Last edited:

gloryunited

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2010
Tried that in an Apple Store yesterday and it worked every single time. (worked with both left and right)

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Like most women I know, Siri seems to operate on her own terms. ;)

Seriously, I've seen this as well. As noble an attempt as it is, Siri needs some work. Works great at times, useless at others. Success percentage goes down dramatically if you're trying to demo the functionality to others. lol
ROFL! So, true!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.