Siri rarely connects for me; rarely fails to connect for my wife

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ArtificialGrape, Oct 16, 2011.

1. ArtificialGrape macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Title pretty much says it all. Inches apart with a strong wifi signal my wife can repeatedly have Siri connect to the network and respond accordingly. At the same time my attempts all fail to connect.

I have reset the phone to no avail. Is there any reason that another restore will help, or should I just head to an Apple store?

Thanks!

2. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

If Voice Dialing is all you're planning to do with Siri, then you can turn Siri off and go back to the old, but more reliable Voice Control.

Try connecting over 3G and see if it works, it could be a problem with your Wi-Fi?

3. Zerase macrumors member

Zerase

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

My Siri almost never connects either. It didnt at all Friday, did for an hour or so Saturday night, but hasn't at all today. This is in multiple locations both through 3G and wifi. No avail.

4. ArtificialGrape thread starter macrumors newbie

The odd thing is that my wife almost always connects from both the house wi-fi and 3G. My phone at the same location only rarely gets through.

5. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

When i first tried to use Siri, it would always fail. WHat i did was turn it off and on and it started working without any issues.

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Same here, up until today (I think network congesting may be leveling off a bit now)…I could connect, my wife could not. My theory…Apple may be throttling multiple Siri requests from the same IP via wifi.

7. f00f macrumors 65816

Also had this issue. I could get Siri to work but the wife couldn't. Resetting Siri on her phone by turning Siri off, waiting a second or two and turning it back on seemed to do the trick.

Note that turning Siri off removes some "User Data" pertaining to Siri usage from Apple's servers.

[​IMG]

8. ArtificialGrape thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks -- this is all it took.

I disabled then enabled Siri last night, and she has connected every time since.

9. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

It's part of that same phenomenon of women going to the restroom together...