Siri Response Time

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsf721, Apr 10, 2012.

1. jsf721 macrumors 6502

I live in Long Island about 40 Minutes outside NYC. Siri take a long time to respond but it works OK. I traveled to Nashville and Atlanta this past week and in Nashville the response was almost instant, better but no quite a good in Atlanta. Does this have to do with Server Capacity in an Area?

I wish Apple would beef up NY so we could get all the benefits of a faster Siri around here.

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Siri is ALL network dependant. I suspect that your home network is a bit more busy than where you are visting.

3. cvan44 macrumors newbie

What carrier do you use? I grew up on LI and when I had Sprint, I had to stand in one spot to talk or my calls would drop. I visit LI twice a year and have no issues with my Siri. I use AT&T for my carrier.

4. jsf721 thread starter macrumors 6502

vzw

5. Soulweaponry macrumors 6502

Lately Siri has been not available for me. I hate it when she ignores me. Probably out cheatin on me with another iPhone

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

On AT&T here in north Florida and Siri has slowed to a stop for the most part. Seldom use but the speech to text thing works great! This tells me it is a Siri problem.

7. Cayria macrumors newbie

yeah

Siri takes a long time to respond to me too. I guess it's the network stuff...:(