Siri sending messages to the wrong contacts.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheCheapGeek, Oct 17, 2011.

1. TheCheapGeek macrumors 6502

Ok siri is doing some odd things. This morning I activated siri and sent my wife a message. I addressed her by name and siri said the message would go to her contact name. However when the message sent it went to another person in my address book. All the contact info is correct, their names are not similar, phone numbers or email addressed are not alike at all.

I have turned on and off siri and that did not fix it. Turning on and off iCloud contacts did fix it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

I haven't seen that, but I've seen Siri do other strange things like pulling the wrong address when the correct address is clearly in my address book.

I just asked Siri for directions to work and my address book card for work says Bates street, but Siri gave me address to Gates street instead. I'm not even sure where she pulled the incorrect street name from.

3. flashmom macrumors newbie

Siri sending messages to wrong contacts

While I haven't had Siri sending messages to the wrong contacts (I don't *think*!), I've had her send weird messages to people on her own. I've had the microphone turn on while I've been typing but thought that was no big deal. However, I've had her send messages from my back pocket, and last night from my alarm clock! (Which I didn't see until this morning.) It could be quite embarrassing--especially from my back pocket!)
    Help???
    Thanks