Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brettka7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I use her for reminders and voice dialing all the time, and she usually works great. Starting a few days ago, I get this every time I ask her to remind me about something:

CB394A8E-8A65-4AF7-805C-B4A3299D3EF4-9879-000004A0FE4E3197.jpg

And now voice dialing takes 10-20 seconds for her to think. I tried turning Siri off and back on and turning the phone off and on, but the issue persists.

Horbags

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
The only interesting thing about IO6 for my iPad was that it would now have siri, however the novelty very soon wore off when after everything i asked her she would just offer to search the web for it. Simple things like "where is the closest ATM?" or "what time is my appointment?"

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
In settings see if Siri is able to access your reminders. On the other hand, why do you need to be reminded to poop? On second though, don’t answer :)

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
the whole "siri is worthless" argument aside -- I find siri to be much slower on my new phone. Unfortunately, the voice to text feature for text messaging relies on siri so I have to keep siri on. I hit the microphone button on the keyboard in a text and it's a good 5 or more seconds before I'm prompted to speak.

Other than this feature, I never used siri. I feel weird talking to my phone as if it's a person. I'm sure I'm not alone there. I did use it once when I was in Dayton, Ohio looking for a place to buy a guitar (don't ask lol) and it was pretty simple and useful... I've not been in that type of situation since then so for me siri is really more of a gimmick.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
Siri has been a piece of crap over the past week for me – I hate when it understands me completely, but can't do anything because there's no response from the server. It should really have a local element that processes those things as a backup (like Google has offline voice recognition).

alnova1

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2011
Siri has been a piece of crap over the past week for me – I hate when it understands me completely, but can't do anything because there's no response from the server. It should really have a local element that processes those things as a backup (like Google has offline voice recognition).

I agree. It takes forever sometimes and doesn't work half of the time.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I noticed this too on my 4S. It doesn't work nearly as well as it did when I got my phone.

Takes forever to load, and when it does, it doesn't understand properly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.